Call for original research abstracts
Abstract submission is now closed.
Instructions for oral presenters
Instruction for poster presenters
Please see the Book of Abstracts for the Convention
ECCRE RESEARCH PRIZES
The ECCRE and The European Academy of Chiropractic (EAC) welcomes the submission of abstracts for original research papers for presentation during the ECU2022 Convention. There are three research prizes:
1. The ECCRE Research Award
2. The ECCRE Best Presented Research Award
3. The ECCRE Young Researcher of the Year Award
The three prizes and guidelines are presented here:
The ECCRE Research Award (EUR 7,500)
This prize cannot be applied for but will be assigned to an international research person or institution, which have done an outstanding and unique contribution to research within the chiropractic field in Europe. Any ECU member can nominate candidates for this prize.
The ECCRE board will decide to which candidate the prize should be assigned.
The ECCRE Best Presented Research Award (EUR 3,500)
This prize will be assigned to a researcher who has submitted an original abstract to the ECU Convention in a given year. It will be with a focus on the presentation performance on research projects of an excellent quality.
The Advisory Academic Committee (AAC) will evaluate the original research abstracts and the presentation at the conference.
The ECCRE Young Researcher of the Year Award (EUR 2,000)
This prize will be assigned to a young researcher, who has submitted an abstract to the ECU conference at a given year. There will be a focus on a person, who is an early career researcher with a talent and a dedication to pursue a full-time research career within the chiropractic profession. The research should be of excellent quality
Criteria to be named young researcher:
- Not necessarily followed a formal research career, produced less than 10 peer reviewed articles
- Maximum 3 years after having been assigned the PhD degree (shall be documented)
- Has a goal of working as a full-time researcher
The AAC will evaluate the original research abstracts done by young researchers at the conference
Before entering the online abstract submission system, please carefully read the guidelines below.
|1 November 2021||Abstract submission opens online|
|10 February 2022
15 February 2022
|Deadline for abstract submission
Deadline for poster abstracts
|1 March 2022||Notifications of acceptance on-time abstracts|
|3 April 2022||Deadline for early online registration fee|
|18 May 2022||Deadline for regular online registration fee|
|Friday 27 – Sun 29 May 2022||ECU2022 Convention|
All accepted abstract presenters must register and pay by the early fee registration deadline of 3 April 2022.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts describing their original research in the general topic areas:
- Basic Science (e.g., biomechanics, physiology, animal studies)
- Clinical Studies (e.g., clinical trials, experimental clinical research, observational clinical research)
- Educational (e.g., teaching methods, studies of classroom educational methods, knowledge translation research)
- Literature reviews (e.g., narrative, systematic and meta-analysis)
- Cases (e.g., report of single or multiple patient cases)
- Other (e.g., population studies, health services, epidemiology, cost analysis, policy studies, practice analysis, etc.)
Please note: Invited speakers are requested to select ‘Invited speakers – no review’, as mentioned in the online abstract form. All other abstracts should be submitted in one of the above-mentioned categories.
The ECCRE makes the final selection of abstracts to be included in the Convention programme. Accepted papers will be divided into two categories:
- Research Presentation – Oral Presentation of 10 minutes including discussion time presented in one of the parallel sessions taking place on Friday 27 May.
- Poster presentation
GUIDELINES FOR THE PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- The size of the abstract is limited to 500 words, excluding references.
- The submission programme will automatically calculate the size of your abstract and will not allow submissions that do not fit the size requirements.
- Do NOT mention the authors and affiliations in the abstract. You will be asked to fill in these details separately.
- The title should be start with a capital, followed by lower case. Maximum length 20 words, it should clearly define the topic. Do NOT identify your institution in the title. Do NOT put a full stop after the title.
- Abstract contents: Abstracts submitted for presentation are required to use the following four sections:
- Objectives (includes the background and study purpose)
- Methods (includes the study design, setting, methods)
- Results (includes the main findings)
- Conclusion (primary conclusions based upon study findings that relate directly to the study purpose)
- References are allowed but not more than 5 key references. Please do NOT add the references under the abstract text itself; references should be mentioned in a separate field in the online abstract submission module. Maximum number of words for references: 150.
- Abstracts should not include figures, tables or diagrams, and images
- Use Calibri font .11, do NOT use symbols or alternative fonts.
- Do NOT type your abstract in bold or italic.
- Do NOT type the abstract text in capital letters. Use upper and lower case.
- For a sample and the abstract template click here. Please use this template to prepare your abstract text, then copy and paste the text into the online abstract submission system.
- Authors are responsible for checking for accuracy at the time of submission. Abstracts will be published as submitted by the corresponding author. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- Authors may submit a maximum of two abstracts as presenting author but can be mentioned as a co-author of other papers.
- Attendance: All accepted abstract presenters must register and pay before the early registration fee deadline of 15 March 2022. Lack of registration will result in removal from the ECU2022 programme.
- Commitment to register and attend: If an abstract is accepted, it is expected that an author will register and attend the conference. In line with the ECU Convention policy; fee, honorarium or expense payment will not be provided for the presenters.
- Authorship: Only authors who meet ICMJE www.icmorg criteria should be listed as authors.
- Eligibility: An abstract of original research is eligible for acceptance if it has been presented at another meeting, but not if it has been published, or accepted for publication, by the abstract submission deadline (1 February). Submissions must not duplicate work that any of the authors have published elsewhere. Studies involving human subjects (clinical trials, pilot studies, biomechanics studies, retrospective reviews, cohort studies, and surveys) or animals, must have IRB/ethics board approval granted or exemption as determined by the author’s institution.
- Submission Deadline: Only abstracts submitted through the ECU2022 Convention website by the 1 February deadline will be considered for presentation at the Convention.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The personal information supplied in connection with the abstract submission will be held by the ECU as a record of attendees and parties expressing interest in the ECU2022 Convention. By submitting an abstract for this Conference the parties concerned are agreeing that the ECU may:
- use that personal information to contact them by email, direct mail or telephone, in order to supply information relevant to this Convention and future ECU Conventions;
- use that personal information to be included in the relevant Convention documentation, such as an abstract book, online and/or printed scientific programme and Book of Proceedings, abstract (oral and poster) overviews and dedicated congress app.
Copyright of the abstract(s) is assigned to the ECU2022 Convention. Accepted abstracts can be published in one of the following publications:
- ECU Book of Proceedings, available during the Convention
- Online publication Chiropractic and Manual Therapies (C&MT)*
- As a supplement of BACKspace, magazine of the ECU
*You may refuse to have your abstract published in C&MT. If you wish to refuse, please send a request to the ECU Executive Administrator, Paul Roberts (email email@example.com) in the first instance. Paul will ensure your request is routed through to the appropriate person.
All submitted abstracts will go through a peer-review and will be evaluated for completeness, strength of contribution, and relevance by all members of the Peer Review Committee. Abstract submissions will be selected based upon: practical significance, originality, and quality of the work.
ABSTRACT PEER-REVIEW AND DECISION PROCESS
The Review committee will determine which accepted abstracts will be presented as poster or platform.
Reviewers will give rankings from 1 to 5 points, taking into consideration the following five criteria:
- Relevance of the subject/originality
- Impact on the profession
- Relevance/value of the results
- Appropriateness of interpretation
- Study design/scientific value
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT
Abstract submission has now closed. Many thanks to all who have submitted abstracts for consideration.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION TO CORRESPONDING AUTHOR
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting (corresponding) author on or before 1 March 2022. Please note that only the corresponding author will receive mail concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract. Authors whose abstracts have been accepted will receive instructions for the presentation of their abstract.
The Convention Organiser, Your Conference Support, has assigned Parthen to process the abstracts and registrations for this Convention. Please contact them directly if you need assistance with the abstract submission process:
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
phone: +31 20 572 73 04
If you have any questions about the scientific content for abstracts or the review process, please email Paul Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, and Paul will ensure your query is routed through to the appropriate person to answer your question.